MILADY STANDARD BARBERING, 6E DVD SERIES | TBAC9781305100565
Milady Books are only Available for Schools
944 pp., 8 ½" x 11", Hardcover, © 2017
Milady Standard Barbering, 6th edition, continues to be the leading resource in barbering education, providing students with the foundational principles and techniques needed to be successful while in school, pass their licensing exam, and launch them into a thriving career. Incorporating new photography, artwork and overall layout, the look and feel of this edition has been transformed, resulting in a sleek and clean design to engage and inspire today’s student. Content has been updated within each chapter with a major focus on the procedures, infection control, life skills and business chapters, just to name a few. In addition, classic techniques have been paired with contemporary looks to ensure success both while in school and beyond to employment. As the only textbook that provides an integrated set of resources to enhance the teaching and learning process, this new edition continues its long history of setting the standard in barbering education.
- Procedures have been moved to the back of each chapter to improve flow of content and ensure that they are easily accessible.
- The Business of Barbering has been updated to include information on booth rentals, social media, and how to start a successful barbering business.
- Nails and manicuring content has been moved to a Nail Care Appendix making it easily accessible for programs to include where applicable.
- Life Skills chapter expands on the previous Study Skills chapter to include important skills needed post-graduation.
- Infection Control chapter combines Microbiology and Infection Control and Safe Work Practices content into one updated, comprehensive chapter.
- Why Study This? feature has been incorporated to aid students in understanding the importance of learning each topic and how it will play a role in their future careers.
- includes over 75 step-by-step procedures accompanied by full color photos to ensure accuracy.
- Learning Objectives are listed at the start of and throughout each chapter, to help guide the student through the learning process.
- Learning elements including Focus On, Did you Know?, Safety Cautions, Activities, Tips, State Regulatory Alerts, and Web Resources call attention to valuable information.
CIMA DIGITAL LEARNING SOLUTION | TBAC9780357812587
Take teaching, learning, and operations to the next level with CIMA for Cosmetology, 14th edition.
- Robust self-service tools assist with reporting, time tracking, and compliance
- Built-in, free instructor resources to make teaching easier
- Automated grading saves time and provides instant feedback
- Intuitive navigation makes teaching easy and learning fun and engaging
- Accommodates all learning styles (through videos, interactive activities, virtual study groups, and so much more)
- Click here to see it in action https://vimeo.com/629087646
- Student Seat - 2 year access
CIMA EXAM PREP | TBAC9780357920237
- Student Seat - 2 year access
- Evolution of our popular Online Licensing Prep tool that helped over 200,000+ students pass their licensing examinations
TEXTBOOK AND EXAM REVIEW BUNDLE | TBAC9781337346788
TEXTBOOK | TBAC9781305100558
STUDENT WORKBOOK | TBAC9781305100664
- Detailed, interactive exercises
- Reinforce learning
- Increase student comprehension
EXAM REVIEW | TBAC9781305100671
- Chapter-by-chapter multiple-choice questions
- Includes answer key
MINDTAP | TBAC9781305664005
- A personalized learning experience
- Fully customizable
- Interactive eBook
- Learning Path filled with activities and assessments
- Digital Portfolio
- Social Media Message Board
- Reporting and tracking capabilities
- Length of Access: 2 Years
COURSE MANAGEMENT GUIDE ON CD | TBAC9781305100695
- Lesson Plans
- Transition Guide
- Computerized Test Bank with nearly 1,000 questions
- Image Library with photos and illustrations from the textbook
- Workbook Answer Key
INSTRUCTOR SUPPORT SLIDES ON CD | TBAC9781305100688
- PowerPoint™ Slides
- Chapter-by-chapter outline of content
DVD SERIES | TBAC9781305100565
- Over 2 hours of content
- Showcases 29 step-by-step procedures
- English and Spanish subtitles available
- History of Barbering
- Life Skills
- Professional Image
- Infection Control
- Implements, Tools, and Equipment
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Electricity and Light Therapy
- Properties of the Skin, Scalp and Hair
- Disorders of the Skin, Scalp, and Hair
- Treatment of the Hair and Scalp
- Men’s Facial Massage and Treatments
- Shaving and Facial Hair Design
- Men’s Haircutting and Styling
- Men’s Hair Replacement Systems
- Women’s Haircutting and Styling
- Chemical Texture Services
- Haircoloring and Lightening
- Preparing for Licensure and Employment
- Working Behind the Chair
- Business of Barbering